Following Government guidance on the opening of conference venues, we are implementing the following customer care policy. On arrival, as a delegate, guest or member of staff, you will see:
- protective screens on our reception desk
- additional sign posting with clear instructions on distancing and hygiene measures
- wall mounted hand sanitisers in our reception area and at lift point
- touch free QR badging through speed gates.
Toilet and hand washing facilities
- Individual cubicles with hand washing facilities available on all floors.
Commercial Meeting Rooms
- All our commercial meeting rooms on the ground, 7th and 8th floors of 18 Smith Square will be cleaned before and after each booking.
- Meeting rooms will be set up to accommodate social distancing measures in line with government guidelines.
- Where possible, one-way routes will be applied.
- Arrival and departure times for individual meetings will be managed, and timings staggered for lunch times and breaks.
- Disinfectant surface wipes will be provided for AV equipment use in each room.
- Bins will be provided for delegates to dispose of face coverings.
- Refreshments and catering will be delivered pre-packaged for individual consumption.
- Food and beverages will be provided safely to all commercial rooms by trained hospitality staff wearing appropriate PPE.
- Each meeting room will have a dedicated area for refreshments service during the meeting.
- Delegates will be required to adhere to a socially distanced queue system for collection of pre-arranged buffet lunches.
- Cutlery and condiments will be individually wrapped and sealed.
- Grab and go working lunches can be provided.
- AV technical support can be provided.
- All commercial rooms provided with soundbars.
- HDMI ports available for presenters/delegates to bring their own device.
- To enable you to use Zoom and Team applications, please bring your own laptop.
When you visit 18 Smith Square you are required to:
- wear a face covering in communal areas in line with government guidance.
- have your copy of your pre-sent individual QR code on your mobile device to gain entry.
- Register your visit to 18 Smith Square on the NHS test and trace app using our unique NHS track and trace QR code displayed at reception.
- observe customer sign posting instructions on social distancing and hand washing.
- follow the route to and from your designated meeting room and stay on your designated floor throughout your meeting.
- use the hand sanitisers available within the reception area and before entry to rooms and lifts.
- bring your own stationery if required.
Health and Safety information for our customers/guests/staff
To ensure the welfare, health and safety of all our customers, guests and staff, so we ask you to:
- Not attend an event at our venue if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID 19 and to contact your event organiser to let them know you cannot attend.
- Cancel your pre-booked place at a meeting or event if you have been abroad within the last 14 days and are required to self-isolate for a two-week period upon your return.
- Isolate in our first aid room, if you start to experience symptoms of COVID-19, and seek advice immediately by dialling the NHS helpline 111. We also ask you to inform our reception desk that you are feeling unwell by calling 020 7664 3000.
The room capacities of all our commercial rooms have been reviewed to allow for social distancing measures between delegates.
QR Visitor Management System
To access the building delegates and guests will be sent a QR code via email. Please ensure you have the QR code on your device when you enter and exit the building.
- First north lift maximum one person only.
- Two south passenger lifts are maximum two persons per lift.
- North stairway is decent only.
- South stairway is two way and landings may be used for distancing.
Hand Sanitisers will be available at the point of entry to the building at our reception area and at various points throughout the building on every floor.
Our venue will be thoroughly cleaned and throughout the day key touch points will be cleansed. All our commercial meeting rooms on the ground, 7th and 8th floors of 18 Smith Square will be cleaned before and after each meeting use.
Audio visual support – we can provide video conferencing for your Zoom and Microsoft Teams applications. Please bring your own laptop.
A selection of pre-packaged grab and go menu options via a ‘touch-free’ service will be on offer. All catering services will be provided by catering staff who are fully equipped with PPE.